Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Walking

I am doing this and thought some others might like it. Entering my steps daily on a website, if I average a little more than 4,000 steps a day, for three months it will be like walking a trail in China. It can be many trails that's just the one I choose, because it's less steps.
While walking with a Pedometer, most adults should average about 10,000 steps a day, I hope to someday do about 8000 all things considered if I do 6000 it will be a huge deal, since I am not likely to be able to get to the point I can do more.
The site listed below is one of many where you can enter your amount of steps each day, and it will tell in three months how far you or a group has walked, either a trail or other long distance, and also giving tips to add more, and other health tips. Pedometers are around $4 if anyone wants to try, and they just clip on your belt.
http://aom.americaonthemove.org/site/c.krLXJ3PJKuG/b.1524889/k.BFFA/Home.htm

No comments: